Tuesday 20 December 2011

Impressions after the first cruise


Now that I am en route of my second voyage I am starting to see some things repeat themselves and a potential of routine is rearing its head. This is really welcome in my mind as everything about this experience was new and made me feel like a real fish out of water the first few days. The first week was also a bit spoiled by this cold that I have developed, probably has something to do with the weather change or just me not taking care of myself properly. I am feeling a bit better now, but still got this cough and running nose that are getting on my nerves. I will try to go swimming in the next port of call in hopes that salt water will clear up my throat and nose from all this mucus.

One thing that I am still getting used to is working everyday, no days off. My schedule is a couple of hours of work in the morning, then a break in the afternoon and more work in the evening. Overall I am working around 70 hours per week, or 10 hours per day. From experience this kind of workload usually grinds you down and I wasn’t able to do that on shore for very long, we will see how I am able to handle it here.

Thankfully my schedule sometimes leaves me room to go outside in ports, and in the evenings I have time to go to guest areas, I seldom do it now however to try to not spread my cold to any more people. I have however seen a few comedy club type shows here, and it’s pretty awesome. We always get rotating entertainers coming on the ship and for me everything is still pretty new. I feel like I have been to most of the areas of the ship, I do get lost in the guest areas though.

No comments:

Post a Comment