Tuesday 13 December 2011

First Impressions



Going from negative Toronto’s 5 degrees to about 23 degrees Celsius in Miami is fantastic. I’ve never traveled in winter before, and it’s great. Just the wardrobe difference is a very pleasant change, hello shorts! I settled in hotel in Miami a bit late, so didn’t have enough time to commute to south beach, which was about 40 minutes away car drive from Hotel. I roamed around the hotel, and grabbed some nice Italian food in a local restaurant.

This morning kicked off great with a continental breakfast at the Holiday Inn, which is probably my favorite way to kick off the day. There is just something about a buffet style breakfast that is really comforting; maybe it’s the fact that you are going to be full for sure after.

Following a stomach stuffing experience I have met up with the trainer from the corporate office, with whom I have been exchanging e-mail for the past 3 weeks. It’s always nice to meet someone with whom you have had written communication before, because even though this person is new to you, I just feel like I know them enough to feel more comfortable.

Then I got to see the ship and this thing is huge, I am impressed with the amount of decks that they have on this ship, the crew area is pretty roomy and well maintained. I came in here with an open mind and I am certainly not disappointed. Food is pretty good so far, and there are always drinks and snacks available here. I was shown around the ship today and different areas that I have access to, which is pretty much all of them. Wondering around employee halls is really cool there are all the other employees walking around mostly in their uniforms, which are different for different jobs and it’s kind of like walking in a bag of skittles J.

Went to the crew gym today after not going to any kind of gym on shore for about 4 months. Seems like a nice place to be to get some alone time and work the body.

The rocking of the ship doesn’t really bother me, and the Internet is cheaper than I expected onboard the ship. I have to figure out how to work this card system better, I always had problems with them in resorts and this is clearly not an exception. These cards that you get are always very particular. Figured it out! For now :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150528680287754.442541.515712753&type=1&l=2fce1a1ce3 

No comments:

Post a Comment