Thursday 17 January 2013

What would Tim Ferris Do?



So I read the aforementioned article today and I immediately recalled a famous book by Tim Ferris, which provided private outsourcing as a way to reduce the amount of time that you work. I thought that the book was thought provoking at the time that I have read it, but I was skeptical to say the least about the real life application of those principles.
I think that legally speaking the company may have a case against this worker, if they can prove damages. That is going to be difficult to do, seems like more investigation would certainly have to be done to achieve that. What’s interesting however is – “Amazingly, the developer received glowing performance reviews from human resources while pulling his outsourcing scam”.  That must be an interesting company where the direct supervisor does not do performance review. Human Resources can assess past behavior and complaints, if they are forced to review performance, if someone has more free time to contribute to the social aspect of the job, as this article suggests, then I think the review would be good and there shouldn’t be anything amazing about it.

Anyways I wonder what would Tim Ferris say about this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment