Sunday 23 October 2011

Samsung I am disappointed

Today I tried to updated my Samsung Galaxy S on my Apple computer. This is somewhat humorous considering that there are so many patent battles happening between the companies. It's almost as if it was a patent war. Although perhaps it's not even close to how amusing it is to find out that Samsung and Apple were actually business partners involved in the production of iPhones, particularly Samsung was/is supplying the coveted retina displays.
Being a humble consumer I care not of their relationship, I just want some gingerbread on my phone, that I bought last year and that should be totally eligible. So i install the Kies app and then when I plug in my Galaxy S it informs me that my device is not supported, a quick search online does not reveal a technical work around and apparently Samsung tech support was saying the same thing to the customers call in.
ARE YOU SERIOUS SAMSUNG? You mean that not only do I have to put up with your touchwiz delays on Android releases which are usually around 1 year of delay for both Froyo and Gingerbread. Now you are telling me that my phone is too old.
This is the thing that pisses me off the most about android, the manufacturers are given too much freedom to intervene with the OS releases. I think Android should put their foot down and make everyone run the same non modified OS by default and allow people to get the most recent updates. This would stop fragmentation and make Android competitive with iOS. But as of right now, I wish I had an iPhone.
Maybe I will install some unauthorized unlocked version of gingerbread risking bricking my phone, that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment