Tuesday 4 October 2011

@safinr updates about #competitive use of #socialmedia

In my article about competitive use of social media I have mentioned Second Cup, which drew some traffic from a service called Sysomos Map. Apparently someone was searching for Second Cup customer satisfaction from that service, this is derived based on the keywords that I saw them search. Looks like either Second Cup is monitoring their social media presence through this service or perhaps their competitors are engaging in some competitive use of social media. And I am leaning more toward the latter because when you look at this company's website it lists their notable clients and Second Cup is not listed there, however McDonald's is listed. Now this is pure speculation on my part but it is entirely possible that they are doing some research on their competitors. This is exciting stuff and I just wanted to provide a quick update to my possible readers and if the guys from Sysomos Map see this, I see you looking at my site, thanks for that ;).

2 comments:

  1. While I can't say why or who was searching for Second Cup, I can tell you that we did see your blog and you mentioning us today has led me here once again.
    At least you can say that our software is working =)

    Cheers,
    Sheldon, community manager for Sysomos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the first comment in my blog. I think it's critical that software companies use their own product and it's good to see that you guys indeed use it.

    ReplyDelete