Monday 22 August 2011

Update

As per usual I have abandoned my blog recently and I have again decided to come back and try a new approach to this whole format of communication. I felt like I have put unnecessary limitation on myself in regards to content of this blog. This time I am going to try to keep it more informal, and include a larger specter of content on the site. Hopefully this will keep me interested and keep me posting. My goal is to post more content, I am sure that it will eventually end up being relevant to HR, which was the original purpose of starting this blog. As always I would encourage participation, but by no means do I expect it. This seems to be the fundamental principle of blogging.

My job search has extended and is still on going, I find that the analogy that is useful in this situation is firearms. Every time you as a job applicant pursue an opportunity you load that bullet (Job application) into your magazine, and your job is to make sure that the magazine has bullets. Once the deadline approaches for a job you find out which of your ammunition hit the target and which of it didn't end up being live. I like that analogy because of the focus on the methodical search of leads, which is appropriate for the online job search. That's what I have been relying on the most for lead generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment