Tuesday 23 August 2011

CardioTrainer app review

I've decided that today was a nice day for a jog. And I have taken my phone with me to listen to music during the run. On the way outside I've decided to try out one of the coach/trainer apps that I've been hearing about from friends. So given that I have Samsung Galaxy S, I jumped on the android market and downloaded CardioTrainer app.
Let me tell you this, I was impressed with the features and the design of the app. I programmed it on the go, so it was certainly easy to set it up and it has done a few cool things while I was running:
- played my music on shuffle with song and volume controls
- showed me the map and the the track that I just ran
- updated me with information like distance and duration overlaying the music
- provided step/calorie counter and more statistical goodness
- saved this run and gave me a badge for burning a said number of calories

Jogging can certainly get mundane and boring, but this app can help keep me interested. I'll use it again.
Link to the app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wsl.CardioTrainer&hl=en


No comments:

Post a Comment